Innosilicon G32 Review. The ASIC manufacturer Innosilicon has announced the specifications for their upcoming GRIN ASIC miner and surprisingly it will not be just one device, but three different models instead… similar to the offerings of their competitor Obelisk. If you thought that Obelisk GRN1 miners were pretty expensive, especially when up for a pre-order, well Innosilicon’s won’t be much cheaper. The G32 GRIN ASIC miners are a little bit lower price, but also with lower performance and that is only the pre-order price, not the “regular” price. The estimated delivery time if you pre-order now starts in August 2019 according to Innosilicon and in our opinion, this will actually be very hard to manage with three different products unless of course, Innosilicon is already ready with the chip designs. Offering a GPU type of ASIC miner could be a bit of a challenge, although it will be a self-contained miner with software and everything onboard, so no need to use it in a PC apparently.
Review What makes Innosilicon G32 GRIN ASIC miners a bit more interesting compared to the competition is the claim that apart from Cuckatoo31+, they will have Cuckatoo32+ algorithm support (with expected hashrates announced) and that they will also be Cuckatoo29/30 backwards compatible. This makes them more flexible for the currently supported and upcoming algorithm changes, though there is no information about the expected hash rate for C29 and C30. Innosilicon also gives a guarantee for April pre-order customers for a full refund if their final G32 spec after actual product testing fails to meet the above Performance Target by Sept 30th this year. There is also an extended 9 months warranty (up from the standard 6 months) and “an additional ROI boosting feature, which will be announced before product delivery”.
Innosilicon G32-Mini PCIe Card (Wifi capable) Preliminary Specification Review:
– Performance Target: 21.5GPS (+-5%) for CC31+, 4.5GPS (+-5%) for CC32+, about 10X a good GPU
– Power Consumption: 140W (+-10%) normal mode, low power mode available
– Estimated Size: Standard PCIe Graphic Card Size
– Estimated weight: 1.2KG
– Installation: Easy installation like a GPU card, in fact is easier. The card is totally self-contained with software / wifi / Ethernet port embedded. Only the standard computer PSU is needed to power the card. Each Card can work alone or be cascaded.
– Pre-order special: $799 USD (regular price: $1500)
Innosilicon G32 Preliminary Specification:
– Performance Target: 100GPS(+-5%) for CC31+, 20GPS(+-5%) for CC32+
– Power Consumption: 520W (+-10%) normal mode, quiet miner, low power mode available
– Estimated Size: 125mm(W) x 155mm(H) x 270mm(L), super small tube
– Estimated weight: 5KG
– Installation: Come with Ethernet and a 220V/110V compatible PSU. Free PSU for this pre-order.
– Pre-order special: $2888 USD (regular price: $4500)
Innosilicon G32-1800 Preliminary Specification:
– Performance Target: 328GPS(+-5%) for CC31+, 65.6GPS(+-5%) for CC32+
– Power Consumption: 1800W (+-10%) normal mode, quiet miner, low power mode available
– Estimated Size: 250mm(W)*155mm(H) *360mm(L)
– Estimated weight: 12KG
– Installation: Comes with Ethernet and a 220V/110V compatible PSU. Free 220V PSU.
– Pre-order special: $9388 USD (regular price: $15000)